Space to Play 2013
Call for Artists
Following on from last year’s successful programme we are delighted to once again to invite emerging and established dance artists and choreographers to apply for Space to Play this Summer.
A new opportunity to share your dance as part of the Tagore Festival at Dartington
FRIDAY 28 JUNE 2013 7.00pm STUDIO 6 DARTINGTON SPACE
Local dance makers please submit your piece for ‘Dance Offerings’
The festival is inspired by Rabindranath Tagore, the Nobel Prize-winner whose passions for the arts, education and ecology shaped the Dartington we know today.
What can you offer………………?
For more information click here
Dance in Devon takes a strong lead on Continuous Professional Development for anyone working or aspiring to work in the dance sector as teacher, practitioner, leader, performer, choreographer, creative artist.
In order to introduce dance to the wider public artists need to be able to access the relevant training and development opportunities to sustain their skills, passion and enthusiasm for dance. Dance in Devon signposts the best support where it is available, and fills in the gaps in areas where it is not available.
Are you a dance artist based in Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon?
Get your CPD Dance Card
The CPD Dance Card Bursary deadline has now passed. Please await another round later in 2013.
The CPD Dance Card aims to open up opportunities for people engaged in the dance sector in either Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon, at any stage in their career, to attend training and continuing professional development events which:
• are particularly appropriate for the next step in their own personal and professional development
• offer specific quality opportunities (not ongoing classes and courses)
• assist you in continuing to pursue your dance career from a base in either Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon
• enable you to bring back those enhanced skills into the dance ecology of Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon for the benefit of the wider dance community
• could take place in Cornwall, Plymouth, Devon or anywhere in the world
• Your professional base must be primarily either Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon
• You may apply only once in any 12 month period
• You may receive a maximum of 75 % of the overall cost
• You may receive a maximum of £250 in any 12 month period
• You must provide a brief report back on your learning experience
• You must tell us how this will benefit the wider dance community in either Cornwall, Plymouth or Devon
For more information and to download a copy of the guidelines and application form, please click here.
Please note that depending on where you live, you will need to send your application to the appropriate agency - The Works in Cornwall, Plymouth Dance or Dance in Devon.
PLEASE NOTE Grants will not be awarded retrospectively.
Decisions are entirely at the discretion of the Dance in Devon, Plymouth Dance and The Works and are not negotiable.
Grants will be awarded within the agreed budgets in any year.
Special announcement: We would welcome applications for the Freefall Summer Intensive to cover the bursary cost of £129 and associated costs. The applicant will be required to pay £20 to Freefall dance themselves. See this website for more details on the Summer Intensive www.freefalldance.co.uk